Starting July 27, 2023
We are delighted to announce the 21st World Congress on Insulin Resistance, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular Disease (WCIRDC), scheduled to be held from December 7-9, 2023. We are excited to invite you to participate in this prestigious event as presenters of abstracts and contributors to scientific discussions.
- As part of our appreciation for your valuable contributions, accepted abstracts will receive a 50% discount on in-person, all-access registration. However, please note that on-demand-only and one-day-pass registrations will be available at regular prices.
- Abstracts of exceptional quality will be selected for oral presentation during the meeting. The committee may also consider Late Breaking Abstracts for oral presentation in special cases. Only the highest-ranking abstracts submitted by participants who have registered for full access (in-person + on-demand) will be eligible for the Oral Abstract Presentation and the awards.
- Accepted abstracts submitted by registered participants will have the opportunity to present their posters at the Abstract Hall. Furthermore, all accepted abstracts from registered participants will be published in the journal "Metabolism," with Dr. Christos S. Mantzoros serving as the Editor-in-Chief.
- To encourage academic excellence, the top 6 abstracts will receive awards.
Abstract Submission & Topics: Abstracts should focus on clinical or basic science aspects of insulin resistance in fields such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease. Investigations of pathophysiology and effects on key metabolic centers, such as the beta cell, adipocyte, gut, and brain, are of particular interest. Studies related to inflammation, endothelial or other vascular dysfunction and multi-hormonal aspects of obesity will also be considered. Clinical topics may encompass insulin resistance in relation to obesity, diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease, renal disease, gonadal dysfunction, liver disease (NAFLD), malignancy, and sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea.
Abstract Poster Presentations: Accepted abstracts may be submitted for a virtual poster presentation. Authors or presenters selected for virtual poster presentation must register for the Congress.
Abstract Oral Presentations: Four of the highest-ranking abstracts will be chosen for the Abstract Oral Presentation Session. Authors of winning abstracts will present their research findings in a 10-minute presentation, followed by a 5-minute Q&A session. If selected, authors are required to register for the meeting and prepare a PowerPoint presentation.
Top Abstract Awards: The highest-ranking abstracts will receive awards at different levels: Gold, Silver, Bronze, and honorable mentions. Award recipients will be chosen from the Abstract Oral Winners.
- Scientific materials presented at the 21st WCIRDC must not have been published or presented before December 7, 2023, other than in abstract form.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically and should not exceed 250 words. Tables, graphs, figures, or references should not be included.
- All materials must arrive on or before the abstract deadline noted.
- Authors may be listed on multiple abstracts.
- Abstracts will be graded by the scientific planning committee, The International Committee for Insulin Resistance.
- Poster guidelines, including presentation size and layout details, can be found at wcir.org/poster-guidelines.
Eligibility for Publishing: To be eligible for publishing, authors must be registered participants of the 21st WCIRDC. If an author wishes to make changes or withdraw their abstract, they must notify the WCIRDC team no later than October 27, 2023. Requests submitted after this date may not be accommodated.
For any inquiries or clarifications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your valuable contributions and the success of the 21st WCIRDC.